The M.E. is used to erase the memories of normal people who come in to contact with Contractors during the period when all information about Contractors was kept secret. The M.E. is also able to extract and implant memories from people, and it can even extract memories from recently deceased people. This is referred to as the M.E. Squeezer by Repnin.
- Shinoda Chiaki: The real Shinoda's memories were placed in a Doll to aid in it posing as Shinoda.
- Mai Kashiwagi: Mai had her memories erased after having her Contractor power suppressed by her father.
- Eelis Kastinen: Eelis memory is erased after Yin refuses to accompany him back to Europe.
- Suou Pavlichenko: When Suou dies as a young girl, her father (Mikhail Pavlichenko) extracted her memories from her dead body, and placed them into a copy of Suou made by Shion Pavlichenko.
- All the Evening Primrose suspects the Japanese police investigated had a specific part of their memory removed, along with information on the group's leader. These was actually part of a Syndicate plot to gain entry to the American embassy.
- Isozaki's Wife: The widow of police detective Isozaki has her memories erased after witnessing his violent death at the hands of a Contractor.
- The Russians use the M.E. on anyone who they identify as transforming in to a Contractor, as well as erasing the relevant memories form any witnesses.
The ME was referred to a lot in the first season of Darker Than Black, yet it was never seen until the second season.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Gemini of the Meteor, Episode 2
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Black Contractor; Episode 1
- ↑ The Black Contractor, Episode 2
- ↑ The Black Contractor; Episode 3
- ↑ The Black Contractor, Episode 4
- ↑ The Black Contractor, Episode 14
- ↑ Gemini of the Meteor, Episode 10
- ↑ The Black Contractor, Episode 21
- ↑ The Black Contractor, Episodes 19-20
- ↑ Gemini of the Meteor, Episode 1