|* Archive 1|
Re:Creating a SkinEdit
- Hi AlienGamer... Am I right in assuming that you are trying to create a skin for Reborn! Wiki, thus you need some tips? There really isn't any tips I can give you that isn't in the skin manual in Wikia Help. It's been a while since I made any skins, so I'm kinda rusty as well. But if you'd like I can try to crate a custom skin for Reborn! Wiki. I use it quite often and honestly I was surprised to see that unbalanced dark red/black skin the other day. ~ Akadirgun (userpage ⁝ talk) 13:19, July 31, 2010 (UTC)
- I know... A year or so ago, it wasn't even a decent wiki with broken templates, etc... I even thought about helping out with those stuff, but as you know, I've become rather lazy around those times. Then I saw you with your ever rising edit count, then stopped worrying. ^^; I'm glad things we created here together could serve there as well. This wiki already became a ghost of what it once was when the series ended. After the OVAs end, I doubt there'll be much visitors. I had actually decided to create a skin after I first saw your message anyway, since I seem to have some free time. It would help to know what kind of colors, etc. you want me to use though. Also, I might use some pictures this time, and may create some custom logos along with a new logo (though I suppose you'd have to open a vote for them to be used since reborn! wiki is a big community --that is if you like the logos at all).
- I created a sandbox wikia to test the skin out: Reborn! Sandbox. You can check my progress there. Also, I might have to change the colors and structure of the mainpage a little to make it look better and i might also go for a mainpage like this, with pictures and whatnot if that's okay with you. ~ Akadirgun (userpage ⁝ talk) 13:50, July 31, 2010 (UTC)
- I knew the 4th epi was about to come but I was hoping it would come a little bit later, so we wouldn't become completely inactive. T_T There is nothing to do I guess, we'll just wait for the season 3. I hope it comes soon and they don't screw up the ending again.
- I created the sandbox, because creating a skin is, how to put it, an aggressive process. Especially with changing logos, testing out different things... An active wikia like Reborn Wiki couldn't handle it. But I suppose what you meant with you getting permission to change things form the bureaucrat was to say that we can change the logo. ^^;
- I'm glad you have time. I wish I had some more time too. I'll be going 2 different cram schools and also be taking extra german courses because I want to do SAT, Abitur and the Turkish college exams. I have about 2 years to get ready for all those things, thanks to 2 year preparation class at the beginning of high school, but preparing for all those things will literally suck the life out of me in the next 2 years. This summer is my last chance to have some fun before that happens. ^^; ;___;
- ~ Akadirgun (userpage ⁝ talk) 14:05, July 31, 2010 (UTC)
- I'll be doing TOEFL and SAT. I plan on applying to Princeton, and they ask for these two. ^^' Plus I need Abitur to get my chances of admittance higher. And if all goes south and I can't get admitted to Princeton or some of my other choices, I have to get ready for Turkish college exams, so I'll have a place to fall back on. I might even end up in Sweden or some other Nordic country at this rate, thanks to my German oriented school.
- Anyway... I hope you'll like the skin. I'll work hard on it. ~ Akadirgun (userpage ⁝ talk) 14:16, July 31, 2010 (UTC)
- Sure, there is, but they are a little too expensive. Princeton offers actual full scholar ship according to family income and thanks to the difference between Turkey and USA, I only have to pay $3K for tuition. Well... We'll see where it goes... ~ Akadirgun (userpage ⁝ talk) 14:23, July 31, 2010 (UTC)
Wikia Anime on Twitter Edit
Hey, I think you're the admin for other anime wikis but I wanted to put this on the wall so you can have the Twitter code for Darker than Black.
I'm Kate from the Wikia Content team. We are trying to create a WikiaAnime Twitter group, where all of the amazing wikis can come together and share their most exciting information, and hopefully get a lot of new users! To join, all you need to do is post this Twitter button and tweet list on your main page.
Then you can visit the Anime Twitter Suggestions Page and post tweets you'd like to see, with links back to your wiki.
Please share this with your other members and admins and see if it's something they'd be interested in joining! Let me know if you have any questions, and we hope to see you there!
Kate.moon 06:57, March 18, 2011 (UTC)
Just wanted to let you know that I put the Twitterbutton on the mainpage. It's been doing really well for other anime wikis and the Wikia Anime Twitter has over 1000+ followers now! I will be tweeting about Darker than Black Wiki so if you'd like to put the feed on the mainpage, feel free to do so also. Let me know if you want me to tweet anything specific here: http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Community_Central_talk:Content_Team/WikiaAnime_Twitter_Suggestions?cb=9431 and I'd be happy to do it for you!
Kate.moon 18:32, June 6, 2011 (UTC)
Hey. User:Ten_Tailed_Fox has proposed some new infoboxes for the character articles. The new ones can be seen in Forum:New and Improved Infoboxes. Not sure if you're still around, but if you are, could you please leave some feedback on them. Thanks ~~Ууp <talk> 18:52, August 22, 2011 (UTC)
I've asked Yyp, but since you're a bureaucrat, I wanted to come to you as well. I want to join your administration to help you and the other admins to handle the load around here. Would that be doable? Ten Tailed Fox (Talk with me) 03:22, August 24, 2011 (UTC)
Related Videos ModuleEdit
Hi, my name is Nic and I'm a member of the Wikia Content Development Team. As you may have seen on many wikis such as Call of Duty, there is a new module for the right hand column that displays related videos to the Wiki. This is a new feature that we want to place on your wiki, would you be cool with allowing this? The module can be seen on any page, here is an example - Wagnike2 (talk) 01:09, August 21, 2012 (UTC)
Hi, Mr AlienGamer. I tried contacting you on Reborn! wikia but apparently you have blocked me from doing even that. You seem inactive on the DtB wikia but I know Wikia informs users when they receive messages, regardless of activity status. So here goes.
I offer my apologies for vandalising the Reborn! wikia. I understand that as an admin, you are obligated to block any editors who appear to have bad intentions. Let me just state for the record that I have an illness that impairs my better judgment at times. I know this is no excuse; I am merely extending an olive branch in hopes that you will give me a second chance and let me edit the Reborn! wikia again. May I suggest that we strike a sort of deal: if I vandalise the Reborn! wikia again, you can block me as long as you want, even indefinitely if you wish-I won't complain. But if I never commit vandalism again, kindly give me the benefit of the doubt and let me make edits, even before my block expires on October 30.
I hope you read this message. If you do, I await your response. 18.104.22.168 11:33, May 19, 2014 (UTC)
AG, please tell me why I have been banned on Reborn wikia... I've done nothing wrong. Whenever I try to edit a page there, I get an error message "Something went wrong. You have been prevented from editing". Block ID is listed as my IP address, 22.214.171.124.